- Susan compiled this Reader’s Companion, based on her extensive research for the first (author-published) edition of A Wilder Rose. It doesn’t exactly coincide with the second (Lake Union) edition of the text, but it’s close. It will help you understand the factual basis for the novel and offer a more extensive view of the historical, social, and economic settings of the time. It’s free. But please respect Susan’s copyright and don’t copy without permission.
- Susan and Laura Ingalls Wilder researcher Nancy Cleaveland collaborated on this extensive bibliography (still a work in progress) of the writings of Rose Wilder Lane.
- Susan assembled this outstanding collection of photographs and documents during her decades-long research into Rose’s life and times. It’s a work-in-progress, so check back often to see the new items she has added.
- These questions may help book club readers to focus their discussion. They cover the novel itself and the time and place in which Laura and Rose worked on their Little House books.
- Susan has compiled some suggestions for library uses and display of A Wilder Rose. This is a work in progress. If you’re a librarian and would like to share some of your own ideas for this book, please contact Susan: susan @ susanalbert.com.